Types of Contributions
Scientific track submissions:
- Scientific papers (14-20 pages long papers or 8-10 pages short papers, both in one column Springer format): original, unpublished papers documenting new research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications in VR/AR/MR.
- Scientific poster papers (4-6 pages): recently completed work, work in progress, or publicly presentable ideas for unimplemented and/or unusual systems or applications.
For this track, the International Program Committee (IPC) chairs, with the Poster chairs for the second category of submissions, will select the accepted contributions thanks to a double blind peer reviewing process among IPC members. All accepted papers will be published with the sizing corresponding to their category in the Scientific proceedings of EuroVR 2019, edited by Springer as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series.
Application track contributions:
- Application talk (1 page abstract): best practices, industrial use cases of VR/AR/MR, project results and demonstrations of applications of VR/AR/MR in industry, and/or actual or potential transfers of academic results.
- Application poster (1 page abstract): recently completed VR or AV/AR/MR applied work, application in progress, or unusual applications.
- Demo & Exhibition (1 page short abstract): live demonstrations of past and on-going projects. Technology developers and suppliers, exhibitors, digital artists and members of the VR/AR/MR industrial communities are all invited to exhibit and demonstrate the latest technologies and applications.
For this track, the Application chairs, Poster chairs, and Demo & Exhibition chairs, depending on the submission category, will manage acceptation of the contributions. All accepted abstracts in this track will be published in the Application proceedings of EuroVR 2019 as an ISBN-registered volume edited by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
For Scientific track the deadlines are:
- Scientific Full paper submissions:
June 3, 2019June 28, 2019 23:59 CEST
- Scientific Poster paper submissions:
June 28, 2019July 3, 2019 23:59 CEST
- Notification to authors for all Scientific contributions:
July 12, 2019July 19, 2019
- Camera-ready for accepted Scientific contributions: July 29, 2019 23:59 CEST
For the Application track the deadlines are:
- Short abstract submissions: Aug 9, 2019
- Notification to the authors: Sept 6, 2019
- Camera-ready: Sept 13, 2019
Early bird registration: Sept 13, 2019
Conference days: October 23-25, 2019
Journal Invitation and Awards
In addition, a set of the best accepted contributions will be selected by a special committee structured according to the categories of the Scientific and Application tracks, to invite the authors of the selected contributions to submit an extended version to the open access journal Frontiers in Virtual Environments.
Last but not the least, based of the work of the same special committee, best awards will be decided for each contribution category within each track. More information on the EuroVR best awards procedure will be available soon on the EuroVR 2019 website, as well as the winners of previous years