Contributions for the Scientific track of EuroVR 2019 can be:
- Scientific Full papers, either long (14-20 pages) or short (8-10 pages), to present original, unpublished papers documenting new research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications in VR or AV/AR/MR.
- Scientific Poster papers (4-6 pages) to present work in progress or other scientific contributions, including for instance, ideas for unimplemented and/or unusual systems.
Independently to these two categories and the three paper-sizing, all scientific contributions will have to follow the one column Springer format (see below, Paper Formatting section).
The topics of interest of scientific contributions papers may be seen here.
For this scientific track, the International Program Committee (IPC) chairs, with the Poster chairs for the second category of submissions (see Committees Chairs), will select the accepted contributions thanks to a double blind peer reviewing process among IPC members. All accepted papers will be published with the sizing corresponding to their category in the Scientific proceedings of EuroVR 2019, edited by Springer as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. For your convenience, indexing information of LNCS series is available on this Springer webpage.
For all scientific contributions, from submission stage up to providing the camera-ready document set for accepted contributions, it is mandatory to upload, before the related deadlines, all documents thanks to the Online Conference Service (OCS) of Springer, whose specific pages concern the review and the book edition of the scientific proceedings of EuroVR 2019. Please pay attention that two OCS accesses are available depending of the scientific contribution category, namely:
- For the Scientific Full papers, please use: https://ocs.springer.com/ocs/home/EuroVR2019_Scientific_paper_track
- For the Scientific Poster papers, please use: https://ocs.springer.com/ocs/home/EuroVR2019_Scientific_poster_track
In submitting any kind of scientific contribution, the author(s) agree that, upon acceptance, they will prepare the final manuscript in time for inclusion into the published proceedings and will present the paper at the conference.
To allow the publication of an accepted paper in the LNCS Springer volume of the Scientific proceedings of EuroVR 2019, it is mandatory one of the authors signs the copyright form on behalf of all of the other authors. The signing author must have obtained permission to do so beforehand. Moreover, the final manuscript will not be published without a regular registration of at least one of the authors of the accepted paper (including payment of the registration fee) before the deadline for camera-ready submission.
To allow a double blind peer reviewing process, please leave submitted paper fully anonymous (no author names, nor affiliation).
For the accepted papers, Springer encourages authors to include their ORCIDs with their names and affiliations.
As previously explained, it is possible to submit Full papers (long or short), or Poster papers.
For the Scientific Full papers, only contributions submitted, through the dedicated OCS webpage (https://ocs.springer.com/ocs/home/EuroVR2019_Scientific_paper_track), before June 28, 2019 23:59 CEST, and strictly adhering to the relevant format and paper sizing (i.e. 14-20 pages for long papers, 8-10 pages for short ones, both in the Springer format), will be considered for reviewing and publication.
For the Scientific Poster papers, only contributions submitted, through the dedicated OCS webpage (https://ocs.springer.com/ocs/home/EuroVR2019_Scientific_poster_track), before July 3, 2019 23:59 CEST, and strictly adhering to the relevant format and paper sizing (i.e. 4-6 pages in the Springer format), will be considered for reviewing and publication.
At the end of the reviewing procedure of the scientific track, submitted contributions will have three possible statuses.
- Some contributions will be accepted in the category and paper sizing of their initial submission (i.e. Long or Short Scientific papers, or Scientific Poster papers).
- Some others, submitted as Long or Short Scientific papers, may be redirected and conditionally accepted as Scientific Poster. Therefore, such contributions will be also published in the LNCS Springer volume of the Scientific proceedings of EuroVR 2019, but with a re-sizing in the Scientific Poster paper format.
- The remaining submissions will not be accepted for the Scientific track of EuroVR 2019. However, please consider that some of them may be redirected for one of the contribution categories of the Application track of the conference.
For authors whose scientific contributions are accepted, they will have to upload on their Full paper or Poster paper OCS webpage before the July 29, 2019 23:59 CEST, not only the Camera-ready file (pdf), but also the full Source files (i.e. Latex file and all the image files, or the full Word file including images). That is what we name ‘Camera-ready file set’.
Moreover, for the same deadline, the corresponding author of each paper, acting on behalf of all of the authors of that paper, must complete and sign a Springer copyright form, a so-called Consent-to-Publish form. The corresponding author signing the copyright form should match the corresponding author marked on the paper. Once the files have been sent to Springer, changes relating to the authorship of the papers cannot be made.
Please download here the LNCS Consent-to-Publish form related to the Scientific proceedings of the 16th EuroVR International Conference (EuroVR 2019).
Papers without signed copyright form, and without a regular registration for at least one of the authors at the camera-ready deadline will not be included in the conference proceedings published as an LNCS book of Springer.
Important dates (including ultimate deadlines)
- Scientific Full paper submissions:
June 3, 2019June 28, 2019 23:59 CEST
- Scientific Poster paper submissions:
June 28, 2019July 3, 2019 23:59 CEST
- Notification to authors for all Scientific contributions:
July 12, 2019July 19, 2019
- Camera-ready for accepted Scientific contributions: July 29, 2019 23:59 CEST
While preparing the presentation for the scientific sessions, the authors are requested to use the following templates:
If for some reason you should use your own template, please make sure Springer and LNCS logos are added to your title slide. Download the logo package here.
For further information regarding the preparation or submission of scientific contributions, please contact IPC Chairs of EuroVR 2019 at email@example.com.